Welcome to the site of Patrick Gofre
Visual artist and filmmaker
To watch the video films, please hit the links below:
- Mark (i.c.w. Mark Bunder), 2011, 1 mn 37 s
This is the final testament of an artist in a artistic way.
- Where do I come from, where do I go, 2011, 1 mn
Where do we come from, where do we go? One of the questions of the meaning of the human existence.
- Zonder naam of titel, 2011, 4 mn 02 s
A film about life and death.
- Hamburg, 2009, 1 mn
- Hamburg 16.00-17.00, 2009, 1 mn
- Hamburg 15.00-16.00, 2009, 1 mn
- Fresh news, 2009, 2 mn 05 s
- Point de vue, 2009, 1 mn
From the point of view of a fish.
- In the train, 2008, 1 mn
Filming through the window of a train.
- The bag spotter, 2008, 1 mn 21 s
- Swimming around, 2008, 30 s
- Self-portrait, 2008, 1 mn
A boy films himself in front of a huge plastic duck.
- It’s wonderful to be home, 2007, 2 mn 18 s
Some shootings across the street when looking through the window.
- Keeping up culture, 2005, 59 s
The footballs pitch does not need to be sprinkled anymore; these days, the players themselves take care of irrigation.
This film is a demonstration how sports education or sports can actually help to make everybody civilized.
- Wraak (Revenge), 2004, 1 mn
A mouse is condemned to death by a cat while a press-cutting is running under those images.
- Schets (Sketch), 2004, 1mn 17 s
A black feather, dancing in the wind, sketches the outlines of a church tower, makes a mistake and erases its work.
- Autoportrait (Self portrait), 2003, 42 s
Daily photographed self-portraits from the same standpoint produce a series of 120 registrations which show in a fast editing a movie of the shaved and growing hair and beard of the artist.
- W.C. Minutes, 2003, 2 mn, 2mn 25 s
The registration without mercy of drunken girls visiting the toilets during a village-feast.
- Rendez-vous à 14.30, 2002, 2 mn 17 s
A meeting between two paper serviettes in a park. After the first shy and exploring attempts for contact, it flows into a graceful ritual dance which ends up in a vehement embrace.
- Sykje nei de Muridee Sorix (In search of the Muridee Sorix, i.c.w. Marten Winters), 2001, 30 mn 20 s
In the beginning of the last century in the Frisian Mound village of Hegebeintum a number of archeological excavations were carried out that were very important for the reconstruction of the Frisian history. A large number of objects were found including a mysterious and damaged black wooden disk. The visual artists Patrick Gofre & Marten Winters looked for the origin and the significance of this object. They stumbled very quickly upon the Muridee Sorix, a Frisian primitive mouse that left it's traces in the western culture. The directors consulted and interviewed a large number of experts. This film is a mixture of fiction and reality, an associative quest that follows several traces. One of them leads to Mickey Mouse.
- Minute après minute - 2, 2001, 1 mn
The beauty and alienation of a wintry wide landscape.
- Minute après minute - 1, 2001, 1 mn
The meeting of a white bicycle tire with the stripes of the road surface.